In this post I’m going to describe how to automatically market your website on social networks (using WordPress).
Social media networks are a great way to tell the world about your website. However posting to various social media networks like twitter, facebook, google plus and so on can be a time consuming process. Wouldn’t it be great if you could just create great posts on your website and automatically promote your website on multiple social networks. Well you can ! And I’m going to tell you how.
One of the best ways todo this is install the jetpack wordpress plugin and setup the Publicize functionality. I won’t delve too deeply into the technical instructions (as its all on the wordpress website). Here I’ll give a general overview of how its done and what the results are.
1. Install the Jetpack plugin ( and connect it to a wordpress account)
2. Configure the Publicize module to connect to the social networks that you use (i.e. these you have an account for). See the image below
3. Create your blog post and publish it.
4. Your social media networks (the ones that you choose) will be automatically updated about your new content.
The Benefits of promoting your website content
If you automatically market your website on social networks you gain the following benefits:
- Created great content that is useful to your website visitors
- Content that will gain you higher ranking from Search Engines such as Google , Yahoo , Bing and so on. Which means more traffic for you.
- Promoted your content on Social media to the people interested in your products and services (again more traffic for you).
- Other people who liked your content including your friends and followers will further promote your content for you (by liking, retweeting etc). Gaining even more traffic for your website !!!
- On top of all these great benefits you also further your reputation as at expert in your field
So I hope I’ve convinced you of the value in creating great content and automatically marketing your website on social networks. Also don’t forget to syndicate your posts to multiple RSS feeds to gain even more exposure.